We have a fabulous 48 Kooikers entered in the club show! We have 22 dogs making an entry of 35, and 26 bitches making an entry of 37 for the classes before BIS, and another 48 entries for the classes following BIS at the club breed open show on the 9th June. That is the most Kooikers ever entered in any UK show ever! If you aren’t entered in the show I hope to see you in the fun day games which follow! Judging will commence at 10am at Steventon Village Hall, The Green, Steventon, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX13 6RR.
The show will be followed by a fun day open to all dogs, Kooiker or otherwise! Games and classes will include ‘Best Sausage Catcher’ and ‘Best Fancy Dress’ amongst many more.
We shall also have an incredible raffle, with money going to help find a test for polymyostis in Kooikerhondjes.
Hello you lovely Kooiker people! It is time for me to send through the 6 monthly update to the global breed health register. This is an INVALUABLE tool to breeders to ensure that we are doing everything in our power to keep the breed healthy. This is a database that contains all pedigrees, health tests and medical conditions of all Kooikers born in all countries since the 1940s.
I need to hear from you about points such as;
* Your dog has had an ENM, vWD, patella, eye or hip health test
* Your dog has had a litter
* Your dog has sadly passed away
* Your dog has been diagnosed with patella luxation
* Your dog has been diagnosed with any cancers
* Your dog has been diagnosed with any eye issues
* Your dog has been diagnosed with epilepsy
* Essentially any condition that isn’t due to an accident or simple bug/ virus
PLEASE DO YOUR BIT TO HELP YOUR BREED STAY HEALTHY
Please email c-l-Johnson@hotmail.co.uk with any details, thank you!
Thanks to all who attended the 2019 AGM, it really was lovely to see faces old and new!
The winners of the match were as follows (left to right) Best in Match Genetika Rumplestiltskin, Reserve Best in Match Gladsheim Helios, Best Puppy in Match Valleyrise Illustration and Best Veteran in Match Crunchcroft Lyrical.
The following events are being held, or will be heavily attended by members of the Kooikerhondje Club of Great Britain;
- 26th January 2019 – Club breed specific show handling day held at Steventon Village Hall, Oxfordshire. Currently sold out
- 17th March 2019 – Club AGM to be held at Weeden Bec Village Hall NN7 4PQ. This event is only open to club members. We will also be holding a Match competition to be judged by Mr. Chris Bexon, so don’t forget to bring your Kooikers!
- 20th April 2019 – Club breed specific agility training day, venue tbc but in the Stafford area. Applications to take part shall be made available soon
- 9th June 2019 – Club breed specific open show, followed by a funday open to all, to be held at Steventon Village Hall, Oxfordshire. Open Show schedules to be made available soon, funday is enter on the day.
We really hope to see you at one, some, or all of these events!
Don’t forget, if you are interested in the breed and would like to meet some Kooikers and owners, Kooikers will be represented again at this year’s Discover Dogs. The event is held on the 20th and 21st October at ExCeL London, full details can be found here https://www.discoverdogs.org.uk/
Just a reminder to all that the club’s AGM will be held at 12pm on Sunday the 18th February at Boarstall Duck Decoy, Near Aylesbury, HP18 9UX. The meeting shall be followed, weather permitting, by a match competition. If you own a KC registered Kooikerhondje, and are a member of the club, do please bring them along to this event, we always love meeting you and your dogs.
If you are interested in the breed and want the opportunity to meet a Kooiker or two dont forget the breed shall be represented at Discover Dogs on the 21st and 22nd October at the Excel Centre London.
With summer just around the corner it is time to tell you all about our annual Breed Open Show and Fun Day which shall be held on Sunday 25th June 2017 at Steventon Village Hall, Steventon, Oxon, OX13 6RR. Our open show is designed to be fun and welcoming, we have mountains of prizes on offer for all places in each class, and absolutely encourage owners who have never shown before to have a go. We even have a ringcraft class held before the show where we teach you what it is you need to do. If you do wish to enter this part of the day entries must be received by the 29th May 2017. The schedule (including entry form) can be found on the download page of this website.
The show will be followed by an introduction to Rally-O, which is a fun and less formal type of obedience competition compared to the traditional obedience work.
The Rally-O will be followed by our fun day. Do you own the prettiest bitch, most handsome dog or how about the champion sausage catcher? We will have an afternoon of fun games to compete with your dogs of any breed in, we hope to see you all there!
Don’t forget that our AGM shall be held on Sunday 19 February 2017 at the Boarstall Duck Decoy in Oxfordshire. This is meeting for club members, however you are welcome to become a member in advance or on the day if you wish. The membership application form can be found on the links and download page of this site.